Best Wishes for…a Happy Birthday!
Do you find yourself approaching another birthday soon? Or reflecting on your birthday in the year to come?
In the coming year, please also think about how you can grow your support of The Bhakta School of Transformation by encouraging others to honor you.
In 2017, we invite you to consider donating your own birthday! Please read the information on this page for more information, and to learn tips for how to celebrate your birthday in a special way to benefit The Bhakta School of Transformation. Use the form below to let us know when your birthday will occur!
HOW TO “DONATE YOUR BIRTHDAY”
Happy Birthday to You!
Thank you for choosing to benefit The Bhakta School of Transformation through your birthday celebration. We extend our whole-hearted gratitude for using your favorite day of the year to help as many people as possible learn how to lead their best lives now through total well-being and spiritual transformation!
So that we can assist you with your efforts, please complete and submit the form on this page to provide us with:
- Your full name.
- Your email address.
- Your city and state.
- Your birth date.
We will use the above information to:
- Say “thank you” and wish you a happy birthday.
- Send a reminder to you during the month prior to your birthday in order to ensure that you have the information necessary to communicate with your family and friends about “donating” your birthday (see section below for details).
- Notify you about individuals who have donated to The Bhakta School in honor of your birthday.
Below, please find some tips, followed by a template that you can personalize and use to communicate with others about “donating” your birthday to The Bhakta School of Transformation.
- Frame your message as an opportunity rather than a solicitation.
- Tell everyone you know. Encourage them to surprise you on your birthday.
- Highlight why The Bhakta School of Transformation is important to you. Include a short “share” about how it has impacted your life.
- Set a financial goal or a participation goal (e.g. – responses from a specific number of donors) for your efforts to raise charitable support. You may wish to align the goal with with your age in some way (e.g. – raise gifts of any dollar amount from 50 donors in honor of your 50th birthday, or request $25 from 25 donors in honor of your 25th birthday).
- Consider suggesting a minimum monetary level for donations.
- Consider launching a “matching challenge,” through which you or another individual commits to matching the collective total dollar amount of donations raised in honor of your birthday.
- Set a deadline for responses.
Sample Message For Your Family, Friends and Associates:
Birthdays and holidays are synonymous with gift giving. Everyone loves celebrating special events such as birthdays and anniversaries, taking every chance they get to have some fun.
Birthdays also are a time for reflection and renewal. Most of all, they are about setting intentions for the year to come.
This year, I am setting an intention to start a tradition of giving back as a way to celebrate my birthday. In lieu of birthday gifts, please join me in supporting a charity that is close to my heart—The Bhakta School of Transformation.
The Bhakta School of Transformation (bhaktaschool.org) is a 501c3 public charity devoted to teaching life-changing skills that allow students to become established in lasting inner peace, well-being, sharper mental capacity and the inner strength necessary to take on life’s challenges, with complete happiness and fearlessness. The School exists to cultivate whole-life transformation through programs, workshops and events that integrate meditation, the arts, and holistic well-being to uplift the consciousness of humanity and improve the quality of everyone’s daily lives.
I am grateful for—and proud to support—The Bhakta School of Transformation because…
As an all-volunteer organization, The Bhakta School of Transformation relies on charitable giving to develop, sustain and grow its most beneficial programs. So to celebrate my birthday, I have set a goal to raise ($amount) by (date of deadline). Please consider making a gift today! It would mean so much to me.
To make your donation, please visit: http://bhaktaschool.org/donate/ and click on “I Want to Donate.” When you confirm your gift, please note that you are making your donation in honor of my birthday.
Thank you for your love and support!
**Please know that we are always available by phone and by Skype to answer any questions for you, to discuss ideas with you, and to assist you with talking points for individuals whom you may approach. Please contact us at The Bhakta School of Transformation at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a consultation by phone or Skype.
We can’t wait to hear about your success! Please share your personal story about your fundraising efforts with us.
Thank you again for sharing your birthday with us…we look forward to celebrating with you!